> I dont even
> know if you can do it any other way with out touching the passwd/shadow
> files?

Do you run this for internet or your intranet accounts ? If for internet,
try something different (e.g. Courier/IMAP.)

If for intranet, and if you have to stay with Pop3, there is no way but to
touch the password file. If you don't mind a web-based mail, a possible
solution may like this: 1) set up a normal web-based membership service; 2)
write a mail filter; 3) catch every email and check if the recipient is in
your database, (yes) ? move the mail to the DB : normal mailbox.

Well, I think someone's in this maillist may have already such a system and
can share their experience. On the other hand, while this has a lot to do
with Perl, it has little with mod_Perl.

Peter