m31 wrote:
> HI, sorry if this is the wrong place, I am new to the mailing list.

This is the right place. If you are new to mod_perl, you probably want
to read the docs first. See: http://perl.apache.org/release/docs/

> I have apache/1.3.23 and mod_perl/1.27 (I just upgraded) and perl/5.6.0
>
> When I try:
>
> BEGIN {
>    use Apache ();
>    use lib Apache->server_root_relative('lib/perl');
> }
>
> I get compilation errors saying that it can't locate object method
> "server_root_relative" via pachage "Apache". BEGIN failed.
>
> Can any-one help me out or point me in the right direction?

Are you sure you are testing this under mod_perl? Also please be more
specific, where did you put this code: in a startup file, a script or a
handler?

You cannot test code including Apache API without running under mod_perl.