Stas Bekman wrote:

>On Mon, 3 Jun 2002, m31 wrote:
>
>>Yes, I'm running it under mod_perl/1.27 which I compiled as a DSO with
>>apxs. This also gave me errors under 1.25, I just pushed @INC to solve
>>it but I would like to use server_root_relative. I have it in a startup
>>script, the one from the eagle book. It goes like:
>>#! /usr/bin/perl
>>
>>BEGIN {
>>        use Apache ();
>>        use lib Apache->server_root_relative('lib/perl');
>>}
>>
>>use Apache::Registry  ();
>>use Apache::Constants ();
>>use CGI qw(-compile :all);
>>use CGI::Carp ();
>>use DBI ();
>>1;
>>
>>Which I had it to change to: push(@INC, '/Library/www/lib/perl');
>>because the server_root_relative gave me errors. I read some where that
>>in order to test with startup scripts you need to use the
>>Apache::FakeRequest? Even if so, if I ignore the errors and just restart
>>apache, it wont find 'lib/perl', so I have to push @INC manually then do
>>a graceful restart for it to work. I am running OSX 10.1.4/Darwin. Dont
>>think that has anything to do with it though.
>>

>There are two separate issues here:
>
>1. you try to test perl code which only runs under mod_perl. but according
>to your report you don't have a problem calling server_root_relative()
>when you start the server. So this is not a problem, right?
>
>2. your problem is that Apache->server_root_relative('lib/perl') doesn't
>return what you expect. Is your ServerRoot set to '/Library/www'?

>Stas Bekman            JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker
>http://stason.org/     mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com
>http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org   http://ticketmaster.com

Thank you all for your help. You are correct, I didn't dawn on me that
my ServerRoot is somewhat different than my document root. I was
expecting it to return my documenrt root.
(embarasment.......hence SERVER_ROOT_relative())
Well, I printed out my @INC to screen, and now I have directories that
do not exist in it from putting the wrong path in the
server_root_relative method, can any-one tell me how to remove this dir
from @INC?  I treid a few ways but to no sucess.

Please be patient with idiocracy, I'm just a student trying to get ahead.