Greetings

[...]
> as mentioned in the 580 announce, every module based on xs
> have to recompile
> the xs . so it is hopeless to install a 561 module based on
> xs in 580 (for
> example win32::API)

In fact, I recompiled.

> running nmake test with 580 (to test modperl-1.99_02) asks for
> win32::process in @INC this is in libperlwin32 and it
> requires win32::API.
>
> then I don't see how to test 1.99_02 with perl 580 ...

libperlwin32 and the attending Win32API (different from Win32::API and
bundled
with libwin32) do compile/test/install (after a little fidgeting with a
couple of *.fc files which are not copied right during the test/install
phase).

After that modperl should build (but I suspect you're gonna need at least
LWP and libnet
for a meaningful installation)

Cheers,
alf