On Monday, 2002-06-03 at 18:32:54 +0200, Alessandro Forghieri wrote:

> reetings.

:-)

> I have been trying 5.8RC1 and I tried to compile/install several modules
> that I have
> on 5.6.1 - CPAN, not PPM.
> At least the following do not build and/or test right (not exhaustive, as I
> got tired after a while):

> TK                           # C error
> Archive::Tar                 # in getting file handles from zlib
> PPM                          # depends on the above
> MLDBM                        # de/serilized structures do not compare on
> tests
> Devel::TraceLoad             # ??
> Module::Info                 # Serious?
> Win32::API                   # Serious? C diagnostic
> libxml-perl                  # Fails test
> XML-RSS                      # contains XML::RSS.3 in man, unpack fails -
> builds otherwise.

> Posted in the hope it may help somebody...

Can you please send a detailed report to the perl5porters list?
  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and the module authors? Please include the version numbers
and all error messages.

I know that Nick Ing-Simmons has tested 5.8.0RC1 with Tk, but maybe
you used a lower rev version than his. I have tried Tk myself
with a patchlevel a few days before RC1 happened, and it was OK.
On Linux, not Windows.

Thanks a lot,
Lupe Christoph
--
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| I have challenged the entire ISO-9000 quality assurance team to a      |