John Hurst wrote:
> Still, I don't think that replacing this:
>
> <Location /search>
>    SetHandler  perl-script
>    PerlHandler Controller::Search
> </Location>
>
> with this:
>
> [% Ctrl.Search() %]
>
> makes Controller::Search any less a controller.

You're right.  It just looks kind of odd to me, invoking a template for
something that is not a display-related task.  It looks like the way
people typically do MVC in Mason or Embperl, with a first template that
doesn't do anything but invoke a module to take over the processing.

> Obviously, the stand-alone dynamic pages are not MVC at all. They exist
> because there are often 'glue' pages that don't warrant the comlexity of MVC
> (those that don't need M and have very simple VC needs).

I agree that there is often a need for some quick and dirty internal-use
pages (admin or reporting usually) that don't require the extra baggage.

- Perrin