>All works fine for IE and Mozilla browsers but when I use Netscape, I am
>repeatedly promted for passwords. If I enter my password about 3 to 6
>times I will eventually get the full page . If I enter password once, (
>and cancel for any further password prompts ) I get only bit of the
>expected page.

Maybe the requested files are in different directories? Normaly the browser
will only send back the username/password to the same a or child directory.

>The other aspect I can not understand is that when the perl NTLM module
>is running, it will often exit from sub's other than the handler sub. ie
>the handler sub is always called first which calls other sub's but
>whilst executing these other sub''s , it appears that something seems to
>cut processing short & passes control back to apache - the perl code
>never gets a chance to return to the handler module & exit code with a
>'return xx'.

Apache has a timeout, so maybe you hit that and Apache itself kill your
handler....

>The other error I get is that the username/password is passed ok from
>the SMB server verification phase, but then in subsequent calls to the
>SMB server, the username/password fails - this occurs during the one
>entry of username/password but the SMB server is contacted several times
>for verification ( I also check the username & password in the script
>before thay are submitted to the SMB server so I know they are correct.)
>Would this be because of timeout in the SMB to respond.

Somebodyelese also reported this and I currently debugging it. It maybe
releated to some problems of the underlying C library. I let you know when
it is fixed.

>I would also expect the SMB server to only need to referred to once, but
>the perl module is calling the SMB module 3 times during the one
>username/password entry.

Yes, as I said before it's a challange response cycle is taking place, which
takes 3 steps

Gerald

E-Mail:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]         Voice:    +49 6133 925131