On Monday, 2002-08-26 at 10:43:57 -0700, Alex Lee wrote:
> There seems to be conflict between mod_php 4.2.2 and mod_perl 1.27 running
> with Apache 1.3.26 on Solaris 8 platform(FreeBSD with the same
> configuration seems to work fine).

> Please help!
> Or if you know of a working combination of Apache/mod_perl/mod_php on
> Solaris 8, let me know..

I had that a while ago. It is probably a problem with largefile support.
Statically linking both mod_perl and mod_php worked for me, same
versions you have. But I have to admit the version somebody else
compiled crashed like your statically linked apache.

The way I do it, and it is possible this avoids the problem is to first
do apache+mod_perl, sans mod_php. If this tests OK, I "make install"
mod_php, and do mod_perl again. The first step may leave some traces
mod_php picks up.

HTH,
Lupe Christoph
--
| [EMAIL PROTECTED]       |           http://www.lupe-christoph.de/ |
| Big Misunderstandings #6398: The Titanic was not supposed to be        |