Hi Stas,

  This is what I got from core backtrace:

gdb /usr/local/src/apache/current/src/httpd
GNU gdb 5.0
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "sparc-sun-solaris2.8"...
(gdb) run -X -f `pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -d `pwd`/t
Starting program: /usr/local/src/apache/current/src/httpd -X -f
`pwd`/t/conf/httpd.conf -d `pwd`/t
[New LWP 1]
[New LWP 2]
[New LWP 3]
[New LWP 4]

0x75a10 in php_xbithack_handler (r=0x927840) at mod_php4.c:778
778             if (!(r->finfo.st_mode & S_IXUSR)) {

Are you going to say this is a PHP bug? :-)
But how come if I only activate PHP module, it works fine.

Alex