> Thanks for responding so quickly.
>
> flock does work under Windows 2000 and above.
>
> The load tester that I'm using works fine with my script outside of
> mod_perl.  My script works inside of mod_perl with only one concurrent
> user. When multiple concurrent users began hitting the script under
> mod_perl, using Apache::Registry or Apache::RunPerl all heck breaks
> loose.  It seems that the file locking breaks down.  Another thing that
> is totally bizarre is that stuff is being written to all kinds of files
> that I'm not writing to. Even my scripts themselves will sometimes have
> text appended to the end of them.  Another problem is that Apache will
> give me an error message saying that it is trying to write to memory
> that is locked.

Could this be a threading issue? Are you using 5.6.1 or 5.8 with mod_perl
2? I know that mod_perl 2 is far from ready for primetime especially under
the threaded mpm's (which is what Win32 is forced to use). I use XP to
develop for a Linux mod_perl 1 architecture so I'm raipdly getting out of
my depth, but this sounds like the place to look.

I've never heard of a Win32 specific mod_perl list ...  :(

-Chris