Hi there,

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Francisco Corella wrote:

> The Modules book by Lincoln Stein and Doug MacEachern (pp.464-465)
> says that Apache::exit() can be used to halt script execution
> without terminating the process and without logging an error.

Ask yourself why you want to call an exit() function.  Do you really
want to terminate the process?  If you were to call exit() within the
Apache/mod_perl process, things would fall over rather badly from the
perspective of the user of a browser, and maybe elsewhere too.

Perhaps you really want to stop handling the request, so all you need
to do is to tell Apache that you're done.  To do that, usually you'd
return a value like OK or DECLINED to Apache.  Then it can do all the
cleaning up that has to be done.

> The User Guide at http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/index.html

Huge, isn't it?  :)

> However, the Apache documentation itself does not mention an exit()
> function. Neither "perldoc Apache" nor the documentation at
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/api/Apache.html contain the word
> "exit".  Am I looking in the wrong place?

Maybe you're asking the wrong question.  If you must, have a look in
Apache.xs - (but don't say I didn't warn you...:)

73,
Ged.