Hi Francisco,

On Tue, 24 Sep 2002, Francisco Corella wrote:

> Thanks for replying.  I hope you had a good time in my old country :-)

You probably saw the reports on the news about roads being washed away
by the rain in Sevilla.  I went on a motor-cycle.  Camping.

> > If you're writing new code then I would recommend writing handlers and
> > avoiding Apache::Registry altogether.
>
> Why do you recommend avoiding Apache::Registry?

Apache::Registry is essentially just to get you going with mod_perl
and your old CGI scripts.  See for example mod_perl_traps.pod which deals
with some of the 'gotchas' that you can run into.  You can make better
use of the Perl API using handlers.  (Of course you might not need to.:)

> Is there a performance penalty for using it?

Handlers can be faster, yes, but since you get such a big performance
boost from mod_perl to begin with it's not usually serious.  Read the
the Eagle Book, the mod_perl Guide and the mod_perl CookBook.  (That
will take you most of the rest of the year...:)  The details are on
the mod_perl home page.

73,
Ged.