Hi Scott,

I had lots of problems using XML under Apache until I recompiled Apache
with the "--disable-rule=EXPAT" rule as partially described in the AxKit
FAQ <http://axkit.org/faq.xml>. I'm new to the world of XML so don't know
whether this will help you or not. You didn't mention a segfault but this
is just the kind of thing I was experiencing when trying to use an XML
library under mod_perl.

Perhaps if someone from the AxKit project is reading this message, they
can modify that FAQ to save others the trouble of figuring out how "To
compile Apache without expat, simply supply the option: RULE_EXPAT=NO".
That is not a simple thing for new users <g>.

Good luck,
William

--
 Lead Developer
 Knowmad Services Inc. || Internet Applications & Database Integration