Josh Chamas wrote:

>   Set MaxRequestsPerChild to 100 for applications that seem to leak
>   memory which include Embperl 2.0, HTML::Mason, and Template Toolkit.
>   This is a more typical setting in a mod_perl type application that
>   leaks memory, so should be fairly representative benchmark setting.

Maybe I'm more careful about memory growth than some people, but 100
sounds a bit on the low side to me.  I use Apache::SizeLimit instead of
MaxRequestsPerlChild, but I'm pretty sure every child serves more
requests than that.  Did it seem to affect the performance numbers much?

Incidentally, I hate to call this stuff "memory leaks", since it's
usually just normal growth as memory gets used.  Calling it "leaks"
implies that memory is being wasted as a result of mistakes with
pointers or some such.  When people hear "memory leaks" they go running
for stuff like Apache::Leak, thinking they can find some problem and fix
it, which is usually not the case.

- Perrin