Wei Gao wrote:

I have tried "print $query->redirect('http://somewhere.else/in/movie/land') ;" before, which works fine as to redirect the user to the web page. However, if the user then tries to refresh this page, the CGI script is called again without any params, which result in "Internal Server Error".

You lost me. If you redirect the user to http://mycite.com/, and then the user reloads, he should be reloading http://mycite.com/. I don't see any reason why that wouldn't work. Are you saying that reload in IE goes back to the URL that issued the redirect and reloads that? Even if it does, it should still be submitting the query string or POST data, although the user may get a pop-up asking if he wants to submit POST data again.

Is using <meta> tag a "bad" approach?

Yes. It's something that Netscape added to their browser, which others may or may not add to their browsers. It's not part of any HTTP spec and isn't guaranteed to work, even on totally correct web browsers.

- Perrin