Chris Shiflett wrote:

I just wanted to mention that the meta tag as well as its http-equiv attribute are both official parts of the HTML standard and have been for quite some time. Netscape also introduced things like cookies and SSL, but that should in no way discredit the technology.

I'm just bitter about Netscape because I worked at a company that made me use frames and JavaScript when the 2.0 version came out.

It is also the only option for the "pause, then redirect" behavior the original poster desired that I can think of..

It is the only way I know to do that, but I didn't think that's what he was trying to do. He had a wait time of 0 in his example.

- Perrin