On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Paul Simon wrote:

> Is it worth installing apache 1.x and mod_perl 1.x on
> windows if apache2/mod_perl2/perl5.8 run on windows?

I guess it depends on what one is using it for ... For a
development/learning system, the performance enhancements with
apache2/modperl2 probably outweigh the disadvantages of using the
more stable/tested apache1/modperl1 combination. But for a
production system, it may be non-trivial to upgrade; in
particular, many Apache::* modules may need either mod_perl-2's
compatibility mode or some (small, or perhaps large) changes to
work with mod_perl-2.

--
best regards,
randy kobes