On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Steve Hay wrote:

> Randy Kobes wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 16 Dec 2002, Steve Hay wrote:
> >
> >>Is there some other way, for Win32, to achieve what the
> >>PERL_USELARGEFILES=0 hack tried to do?
> >>
> >This seems hard to do without recompiling either the standard
> >Apache sources (to enable large_files support) or else the
> >standard ActivePerl 8xx sources (to disable large_files support).
> >
> Sounds like recompiling Perl from the ActivePerl 804 sources with
> large_files support disabled is my best bet.

That would most probably fix the problem with mod_perl. Doing
this may lead to an incompatibility in principle with trying to
use a particular ppm package (having an xs component) provided by
ActiveState, but since you have a compiler, that's not a problem
for you.

> Am I correct in thinking that all I need to do to achieve this
> is change "uselargefiles='define'" back to
> "uselargefiles='undef'" in win32/config.vc, or is there
> anything else that I need to fiddle with too?

I'm not sure .... Probably the safest thing to do is to compare
the relevant files (Makefile, config*, *.h) under the win32/
subdirectory of the ActivePerl sources with those in the CPAN
Perl sources.

--
best regards,
randy