Howdy.

I'm very new to mod_perl, so if this question makes no sense, say so :)

My understanding is that database access via mod_perl is pooled, but only
per-httpd.  So if I had 10 active httpds running, I would have 10x(number of
connections per pool).

In contrast, my Java/JSP/Servlet solution has a single pool.  I'm trying to
evaluate mod_perl to use instead of my current Java-based solution, but the
potentially high number of database connections scares me.

Do production, public mod_perl-based sites have 10s or 100s of database
connections open?

Any direction will be appreciated.

Michael