On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Steve Davis wrote:

> Your help will be very much appreciated to resolve the
> following issue. When attempting to make mod_perl.so, the make
> script 'almost' makes a touchdown but fails before getting to
> the finishing line.  Now it is time get some help from a coach.
> Hopefully, with a little help, a touchdown will soon follow.
> Below, I present was appears to be the problem, but someone
> else will have to direct me to the next set of steps.
[ .. ]
> This problem 'may' have to do with an issue of a change of
> naming conventions which were adapted by the apr apache group.
> Confer with Stas Bekman's post on Nov 26, 2002 with a title of
> "Problems compiling mod_perl 1.99_07 in RH 8.0".  He provides a
> cvs patch; but, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with using
> that-as least-as of yet. (Look's like I might have learn this
> package real soon.)  Are they any intentions to update the
> mod_perl-1.99_07.tar.gz?  If my conclusion is correct, then
> currently, and according to the on-line instructions, the
> present tar.gz edition is not compatible to the latest edition
> of apache. (2.0.43).  So, 'maybe' the cause of my make failure.
> It appears as if, only the cvs repository maybe a valid for
> compiling.  If my analysis is correct, and a new edition of the
> respective non-cvs files be acquired somehow.

It might be easier to obtain the whole mod_perl 2.0 sources
via cvs, rather than patching - this is described at
http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#2_0_Development_Source_Distribution
You likely have a cvs client already, so it's a matter of
changing to an appropriate directory and doing

 % cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvspublic login
 % cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvspublic co modperl-2.0

--
best regards,
randy kobes