Randy Kobes wrote:
On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Steve Davis wrote:

Your help will be very much appreciated to resolve the
following issue. When attempting to make mod_perl.so, the make
script 'almost' makes a touchdown but fails before getting to
the finishing line. Now it is time get some help from a coach. Hopefully, with a little help, a touchdown will soon follow. Below, I present was appears to be the problem, but someone
else will have to direct me to the next set of steps.
[ .. ]
This problem 'may' have to do with an issue of a change of
naming conventions which were adapted by the apr apache group. Confer with Stas Bekman's post on Nov 26, 2002 with a title of
"Problems compiling mod_perl 1.99_07 in RH 8.0". He provides a
cvs patch; but, unfortunately, I'm not familiar with using
that-as least-as of yet. (Look's like I might have learn this
package real soon.) Are they any intentions to update the
mod_perl-1.99_07.tar.gz? If my conclusion is correct, then
currently, and according to the on-line instructions, the
present tar.gz edition is not compatible to the latest edition
of apache. (2.0.43). So, 'maybe' the cause of my make failure. It appears as if, only the cvs repository maybe a valid for
compiling. If my analysis is correct, and a new edition of the
respective non-cvs files be acquired somehow.

It might be easier to obtain the whole mod_perl 2.0 sources
via cvs, rather than patching - this is described at
http://perl.apache.org/download/source.html#2_0_Development_Source_Distribution
You likely have a cvs client already, so it's a matter of
changing to an appropriate directory and doing

 % cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvspublic login
 % cvs -d :pserver:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/home/cvspublic co modperl-2.0
Or you can use the cvs snapshots tarballs, linked from the same URL Randy provided.

1.99_08 should be released RSN. I will make sure that it will state in the README file which Apache version it will work with.