I'm a newbee at this, so please have patience.

Question: Even though I have PERL 5.8 installed, we wish to get mod_perl installed to make use of caching.
Currently, a listing of the %ENV hash indicates that we're running mod_perl/1.25.   PERL 5.8 is also listed out in the PERL5LIB env variable in httpd.conf.

Is it correct assume we'll see a speed up after upgrading mod_perl?
IF not, what else might need to be done to acheive a performance improvement with caching PERL.

My configuration  includes:

GCC 2.95, PERL 5.8, DBI 1.3 and DBD::Oracle 1.12, Oracle 9.0.1

SunOS 5.8 Generic 108528-12 sun4u sparc SUNW, Ultra-80, Apache 1.3.19
mod_perl/1.25

Thanks,
Charlie
1/6/02

This message may contain confidential information, and is intended only for the use of the individual(s) to whom it is addressed.