Dear All,
        Let me explain my scenario.

        We are having a secure OS and we plan to integrate mod_perl with the Apache
webserver already available on the OS.  Being a secure server, it mandates
that none of the exec's be done on the server itself, as these potentially
can be malicious.  Hence we delegate the execution of perl scripts
elsewhere.

        Hence, should I be able to integrate mod_perl to my secure web server, I
still would need to receive perl requests through mod_perl only, but rather
than executing the scripts there itself, I should instruct mod_perl to
delegate the interpretation/execution of perl scripts to elsewhere.

        This being the requirement, I planned to proceed this way -
                1. I would modify mod_perl code to forward a perl request to another
standalone server.  This I planned to do with sockets (rather than employing
Queues, files etc.) since, I would need persistent connections to serve
dynamic perl scripts.

                2. I should look for a server that could communicate with mod_perl.
This
server would execute the perl scripts and return the response back to
mod_perl.  This I call the standalone server.

        I will probe all the suggestions you all had sent me.

        I shall look for at the POE mail lists.

with thanks
rsr.