If its not too late to weigh in with ideas:

1) A large chunk how to on doing advanced types of XML processing with perl,
   I'm really interested in the idea that I can serve my content to PDA's
   (which is the up-and-coming killer platform for my market) and in AppML
   (Application Markup Language) for which I can find only dribs and draps
   of information (a description of a toy application, an X Schema, and not
   much more).

2) Tutorial on persistent objects stored in MySQL, with a view to encoding
   business rules.
3) Implementing a toy web application using Apache::PageKit

--
Christopher L. Everett
Chief Technology Officer