Nick Tonkin wrote:
Well, I'm taking the plunge.

I have a brand new spiffy machine I'm configuring and I've decided, since
for once I don't have to get it up and running urgently, to go the whole
hog and move to the 2.0 world.
For me this means upgrading not only from apache 1.3x and mod_perl 1.2x
but also from perl 5.005.

I'm going to install 5.8 but am confused by an apparent contradiction in
the mod_perl2 docs.

In http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html it first
says:

Remember that threads support slows things down, so don't enable it unless
you really need it.

But then under 'Configuring and Installing Prerequisites' it gives an an
example:
% ./Configure -des -Dusethreads

I'm confused. Where's the quick answer to whether or not I should use
threads? I'm on FreeBSD 4.7.
As Geoff has replied, plus it's documented:
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/install/install.html#Prerequisites

I'll change the example to have both ways demonstrated.