Hey Stas,

PH>Some good graphs, including thttpd:
PH>http://www.zeuscat.com/andrew/work/aprbench/

SB>It shows that threaded mpm's throughput is worse than preforked, which
SB>sounds dubious unless things were broken (blocking mutexes). Hopefully
SB>someone can run a benchmark on more updated versions of Apache.

There were in fact some known problems with the worker MPM in the early
versions of Apache 2. There was some discussion on the Apache developers
mailing list about this in April/May 2002. I'd really like to run my
benchmarks on a current version of Apache... maybe in my copious free
time... sigh.

Humbly,

Andrew

Andrew Ho               http://www.tellme.com/       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Engineer                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]          Voice 650-930-9062
Tellme Networks, Inc.       1-800-555-TELL            Fax 650-930-9101