[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
My personal web site has both static and dynamic files. The static files have a kind a "look template" maintained by using XSSI. For the dynamic files I wanted to somehow be able to do the same thing using the same files so that I don't need to maintain 2 sets of files. Of the set of scripts there are some that handle forms. I could have the shtml include the script and pass on the query_string. But I want these to be of type POST. So I can't have the form handler to be an shtml file (having the "look") which would call (!--#include ) the cgi script. I need the opposite - parsing of the script output.

Then I thought I would check if it was possible with mod_perl and found Apache::Include. This seemed promising to achieve what I would like to do - use the same files (that maintain the look of my web site) for both the static and dynamic pages.
You can do this. Technically I think you can POST to a file, but you don't need to.

You can do this lots of ways, including post-processing the output of a CGI script with a module like CGI::SSI. What I would suggest is writing a script that you will run under Apache::Registry, and calling Apache::Include->virtual('/uri/of/file') to do the includes.

- Perrin