Stephen Clouse wrote:

On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 06:25:26PM +1100, Stas Bekman wrote:

Hmm, you have perl 5.8.0. How is it possible that you don't have CGI.pm, which is a part of the core?

It's probably a perl installed from a vendor-supplied package. You'd be amazed
at the shreds the standard Perl distribution can get ripped to.

Redhat I know splits a standard Perl installation into no less than 20 packages. CGI,pm and friends get shoved off off into their own RPM (perl-CGI). Other
Linux distros I can't speak for but they tend to be similar.

In short, don't assume that their kit is complete. Their vendor may have done
them a "favor" via package management.
I wonder what would be the best way to handle that, require CGI.pm for installing mod_perl or simply adjust the tests to skip, if it's not available.
It's just silly that we rely on the knowledge that certain modules are a part of the core, and the vendors break that assumption :(