benjamin mccall wrote:
sorry, Stas...my former isp bit the dust and slammed me over to
monopolistic wolf, verizon. so, i had no access since your last post.
well, mod_perl is up and running. apparently the 'perlio' issue was
corrected by some simple authentication sweeps. as for the mysteriously
missing 'cgi.pm', i still couldn't fish it out among my greps; so i
fetched it and plugged it. no issues. all tests passed successfully.
yeAH!
I suppose that if this is a real issue, someone will hit it soon again. If things work for you, that's cool!

thanks for your help.
;)