Okay, so here's what I need to do:
  1. Receive a request to a given URI, X

  2. Based on that URI, change certain values with the request
     (e.g. change the names or values of variables posted by the user,
     modify the "x-www-form-urlencoded" data, whatever...)

  3. Translate the URI to a new URI (one of a number of CGI programs)

  4. Execute that CGI (such that the CGI runs in an environment with
     variables and posted data modified as per step 2 )

I'm running mod_perl 2.0 with Apache 2.0.x, and the documentation of
these sorts of features:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/api/Apache/RequestUtil.html

...is sort of incomplete. Whoopsie. My fault for being all
bleeding-edge, right? Here's what I've got so far:

  1. Can do. I can write a PerlTransHandler that catches the URI

  2. Don't know how to do. The 1.0 documentation mentions the
  header_in() method which can apparently set headers in the request
  as well as get them. I can't find this method in the 2.0
  documentation, does it or an equivalent exist? And is there anything
  similar for the PUT/POST type data?

  3. Can do. This bit is no problem.

  4. Don't know how to do. How do you tell the server to execute a
  file using CGI protocol? Is this even possible?

The above method, assuming it's possible to do the two things I asked
about, will work fine. If it doesn't work, then I'll be forced to make
my PerlTransHandler re-implement CGI, which isn't *that* hard but
sounds like a fairly stupid idea when the server does it already. But
even in the case, I need to know how to set "environment variables"
for CGI on a per-execution basis.

Any help greatly appreciated, this project is now due in a week and
I'm beginning to feel great big stormclouds of doom closing in :-)

Seldo.

P.S. I only recently noticed that Stas, who helped me out with my last
question, is listed as the author/maintainer of the 2.0 documentation.
Cool! :-)
  Seldo Voss: www.seldo.com
  ICQ #1172379 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Bart's Blackboard: "I will not eat things for money."