Title: Message
I have a mod_perl handler set as the 401 ErrorDocument for a certain location that requires authentication.  I would like to store data in notes() in the first location so that the 401 handler can access them.  Is that possible? So far I haven't been able to get it to work.  If it is not, is there some way I could internally mimic Apache's authentication challenge/response setup?  For instance, what happens when you return AUTH_REQUIRED to Apache?  Is it possible to do this inside a mod_perl handler by using set_handlers()?

Thanks,

Brian Hann