On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Melchior, Matthijs wrote:

> Hello,
>       We have a problem getting mod_perl to run on a W2000 server.
> It does work on another machine running WinNT4, so I think there are
> no errors in my configuration files.
>
> httpd.conf:
> 176: LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so
>
> C:\Apache2\bin>.\apache -t
> Syntax error on line 176 of C:/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
> Cannot load C:/Apache2/modules/mod_perl.so into server:
>  The specified procedure could not be found.
>
> C:\Apache2\bin>
>
> If we refer to some other symbol as module descriptor,
> one that does not exist, the error does not change.
>
> We have everything installed from binary packages:
>
>  - Apache is installed from 'apache_2.0.43-win32-x86-no_ssl.msi'
>    as retrieved from one of the apache mirrors.
>  - Perl is installed from
>
> http://downloads.activestate.com/ActivePerl/Windows/5.6/ActivePerl-5.6.1.635
> -MSWin32-x86.msi
>  - mod_perl is installed as  "mod_perl-2 [1.99_09-dev]" with PPM
>    refering to http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/mod_perl-2.ppd
>
> We think there is something missing on the W2000 server, but have run
> out of idea's what that could be.....!

Does putting in a directive
   LoadFile "/Path/to/Perl/bin/perl56.dll"
in httpd.conf help (before loading mod_perl.so)?  Also, when you
installed the mod_perl-2 ppm package, did mod_perl.so get copied
properly to your Apache modules/ directory? Sometimes this
doesn't work for some versions of ppm, and you may unknowlingly
be using an old mod_perl.so. If this didn't install correctly,
you can extract mod_perl.so from mod_perl-2.tar.gz found in
  http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/x86/

Unfortunately, even if you get this working, you may encounter
problems with mod_perl 2 with ActivePerl 6xx (based on
perl-5.6.1), due to some threading issues that have been
addressed in ActivePerl 8xx (based on perl-5.8.0). Is it possible
to upgrade to ActivePerl 805?

--
best regards,
randy kobes