Jean-Michel Hiver wrote:
Hello,
        We have a problem getting mod_perl to run on a W2000 server.
It does work on another machine running WinNT4, so I think there are
no errors in my configuration files.

Actually I'm having a windows machine at home and I got mod_perl working
with ActiveState perl. I've written a howto on my personal website. You
might want to try check it out, hopefully it will prove useful :)

http://www.webmatrix.net/log/modperl-win32/

May I suggest that everybody benefits from having a single documentation source?

Jean-Michel, I'm not sure about this excerpt:

  Documentation is hard to find out there so I decided to write this
  little howto in order to save other people this hassle...

Randy Kobes is doing a fantastic job maintaining win32 docs for both mod_perl generations.
mp1: http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/os/win32/index.html
mp2: http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/os/win32/index.html

IMHO, it's so much better to put the joined forced to produce unified docs, rather than having them scattered all over web.

Jean-Michel, if something is missing/wrong from the docs whose URLs I've listed, can you please submit a doc patch to improve the existing documentation? Thank you!

We need all the help we can get with writing/improving documentation. So if you feel like helping send the patches in. If you feel like you want to take an ownership over your favorite docs, please do so. e.g. Nick Tonkin has done a great job working on the porting document for mod_perl 2.0 (it wasn't integrated yet, hopefully will be soon).

Thanks.