Title: RE: [mp2.0] W2000, Apache 2.0.43 + mod_perl 1.99_09 does not start

Randy,
        sorry for the text+html, I am trying to get that changed...

This was already present, and removing it does not make a difference.

> in httpd.conf help (before loading mod_perl.so)?  Also, when you
> installed the mod_perl-2 ppm package, did mod_perl.so get copied
> properly to your Apache modules/ directory? Sometimes this
> doesn't work for some versions of ppm, and you may unknowlingly
> be using an old mod_perl.so. If this didn't install correctly,
> you can extract mod_perl.so from mod_perl-2.tar.gz found in
>   http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/x86/

Yes, we know for sure the mod_perl.so file is located in the correct
location, experiments have shown there is a different error message
when that is not the case [The specified module could not be found.]

> Unfortunately, even if you get this working, you may encounter
> problems with mod_perl 2 with ActivePerl 6xx (based on
> perl-5.6.1), due to some threading issues that have been
> addressed in ActivePerl 8xx (based on perl-5.8.0). Is it possible
> to upgrade to ActivePerl 805?

This is unfortunate, we are reluctant to upgrade to perl 5.8 before
this issue is resolved.....[Or is this problem more than a
performance problem and is it impossible to get perl56 and mod_perl 2
and apache 2 to work together...?]

We have installed the same software on an other W2000 machine and
that gives exactly the same results.
And, since I have not seen any definite report that someone else
is running this combination on W2000, we even think this Apache-mod_perl
combination only works on WinNT....?
                Can someone conferm or deny this....?

--
best regards,