Brian C. Thomas wrote:
I have read through the lists looking for issues related to mp2 and
@INC, and have read the part about "+Parent" and virtual hosts.

You should read the docs for tips on this, especially here: http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/control/control.html#Starting_a_Personal_Server_for_Each_Developer

The strategies for this are mostly unaffected by mp 1 vs 2.

Is there a "best" way to configure the apache/mp2 setup so that there
doesn't have to be constant additions to "startup.pl" to adjust the
INC path?

If you don't need to restart the server, you could give each developer a separate virtual host with a separate pool of perl interpreters. These could each have a different @INC setting and would not share code. If you need people to be able to restart though, it has to be separate servers.

For example, I want developer1 to use /dev1, and developer2 /dev2.  I
want each developer to be able to build functions below there
directories in as many subdirectories as projects they have going on.
I don't want developer1's "functions.pm" code to interfere with
developer2's "functions.pm".

Well, what I mentioned above will let you do that, but how do you do it on the production server? You probably don't want to have multiple pools of interpreters there, since it would use more memory. If you keep these files in a separate namespace, it won't be an issue. Are these real modules, with package declarations?

Is such an arrangement even possible under mp2?  I've been using
Apache1/mp1 and this works fine

How are you doing it in mp1? There is no support for pools of interpreters in mp1, so all of your code must be using the same @INC.

- Perrin