Dunno if someone has a good answer, or a suggestion of a better
forum for this:

Apache has a configuration directive: MaxRequestsPerChild

  <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/mod/core.html#maxrequestsperchild>

In messing with Apache 1.x, is there a way, via mod-perl, of a
request knowing how many requests have been served by the current
child?

Ie., if I set MaxRequestsPerChild to 20,  I would hope for some
counter to be exposed that says 'this is the twelfth request (of
twenty) this child has processed'.

In the interest of profiling a Mason-driven web site, I hoped to
explore a correlation the cumulative request-per-child resource
utilization on performance...

Any clues?  Better buzzwords for web research?

Thanks for any input...

--
Brian 'you Bastard' Reichert            <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
37 Crystal Ave. #303                    Daytime number: (603) 434-6842