Haroon Rafique wrote:
On Today at 11:32am, SB=>Stas Bekman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

SB> SB> Both failed due to the missing LWP. I was able to reproduce the exact
SB> problem by removing LWP/UserAgent.pm. I have now fixed both in cvs.
SB> Please 'cvs up' and test again. Thanks.

after cvs up, "make test" skipped a bunch of tests in both the first batch
and the 2nd batch (since libwww-perl was not installed). 100% successful.

After that, I installed:
libwww-perl-5.69
CGI.pm-2.93
HTML-Parser-3.28
URI-1.23
to satisfy all dependencies for installing libwww-perl

The tests, that were skipped last time around, ran successfully this time. 100%.

Fantastic, thanks!

Now onto investigating my originally reported problem as to why the older,
system-wide installation is interfering with the "make test". Any
suggestions on how to get started on that?

I think the issue is very simple: @INC had system libraries dirs before the freshly build ones, so dumping @INC contents prior to libs loading should aid the debug. But please use the latest cvs, since I've messed with @INC a bit recently.

In parallel, we are planning to verify .so objects that they were created by the same mod_perl.so to avoid completely this kind of problems. Well it won't prevent the pickup of wrong libraries, it'll just scream aloud when this will happen. So your debug is still very important.

__________________________________________________________________ Stas Bekman JAm_pH ------> Just Another mod_perl Hacker http://stason.org/ mod_perl Guide ---> http://perl.apache.org mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] http://use.perl.org http://apacheweek.com http://modperlbook.org http://apache.org http://ticketmaster.com