On Thu, 29 May 2003, Greg Dutkowski wrote:

> I have migrated my site from IIS and Active State to Apache 1.3
> and mod_perl on a Windows machine. I use the site to send
> emails to registered users using Mail::sendmail through our
> SMTP server (another machine).
>
> With Apache I can only send emails once after I start the
> Apache server, thereafter it tells me it can't connect to the
> SMTP server. Restarting the Apache server leads to again being
> able to only send emails once.
>
> Any ideas?

After it sends the mail, can you tell if the connection to the
smtp server is still open? If so, can you explicitly disconnect
from your script? Also, is this a script (or handler) run under
mod_perl? If so, does this occur only under mod_perl, or does the
same thing occur when mod_perl is disabled and an ordinary cgi
script is used? If it is run under mod_perl, are all further
server connections blocked after the first mail is sent, or is it
just the smtp connection that's blocked?

--
best regards,
randy kobes