Perrin Harkins wrote:
On Wed, 2003-05-28 at 22:45, Greg Dutkowski wrote:

I have migrated my site from IIS and Active State to Apache 1.3 and mod_perl
on a Windows machine. I use the site to send emails to registered users
using Mail::sendmail through our SMTP server (another machine).

With Apache I can only send emails once after I start the Apache server,
thereafter it tells me it can't connect to the SMTP server. Restarting the
Apache server leads to again being able to only send emails once.

Any ideas?

This is a known problem with mod_perl 1.x on Win32.  Sockets only work
when you make it single-threaded (ThreadsPerChild 1).  Doing that
doesn't make a difference in terms of your actual script performance,
since mod_perl is already single-threaded on Win32, but it will make
images slow.  One solution is to serve the images from a separate web
server.

Can we add this factoid to http://perl.apache.org/docs/1.0/guide/troubleshooting.html#Windows_OS_specific_notes ?