I guess, your problem is out of Apache::Dynagzip. Please, try to follow:

1. Make sure your script is producing correct response under
Apache::Registry.

2. Make sure your script does not have any internal conditional branches on
whether it runs under Apache::Registry, or under Apache::RegistryFilter ->
Apache::Dynagzip.

3. Do your transition from Apache::Registry configuration to
Apache::RegistryFilter -> Apache::Dynagzip configuration by simple
replacement of the line:

PerlHandler Apache::Registry

with the following two lines:

PerlHandler Apache::RegistryFilter Apache::Dynagzip
PerlSetVar Filter On

You may optionally add light compression finally if you want. You are not
supposed to change any other settings.

4. Let us know details of what you finally have.

Thanks,
Slava