From: "Scott Alexander" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Slava Bizyayev" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2003 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: Missing html code using dynagzip

> Okay now it works! So problem was in my httpd.conf file.
>
> Now I only have
>
> <Directory /usr/local/systems/work/>
>
>        # AUTH
>         AuthType Apache::Authenticate
> AuthName protected
> PerlAccessHandler Apache::OpenAccess
> PerlAuthenHandler Apache::Authenticate->authenticate
> require valid-user
>
>        <Files *.html>
>             PerlSendHeader On
>             SetHandler perl-script
>             PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>             Options +ExecCGI
>        </Files>
>
>         ## DYNA
>         <Files *.pl>
>              PerlSendHeader On
>              SetHandler perl-script
>              PerlHandler Apache::RegistryFilter Apache::Dynagzip
>              PerlSetVar Filter On
>              Options +ExecCGI
>             #PerlSetVar LightCompression On
>
>             # Below not needed ??
>             #PerlSetVar UseCGIHeadersFromScript Off
>             #PerlSendHeader Off
>             #PerlSetupEnv On

These depend on your global settings, and on requirements of your script
only. You should never add them for Apache::Dynagzip exclusively.

>         </Files>
> </Directory>
>
> But if I turn on PerlSetVar LightCompression On the problem comes back.
> I had tested having this line commented out but it made no difference.

Wow! Sounds like the first bug in Compress::LeadingBlankSpaces...

Let's talk about that. Compress::LeadingBlankSpaces is prutty simple class.
It is not that important when your content is really gzipped, because blank
spaces are compressed very effectively. It is mostly required for some old
and buggy clients who does not understand gzip really (NN-4.X for instance).

BTW do you use Apache::CompressClientFixup? It should help to serve NN-4.X
appropriately.

Back to Compress::LeadingBlankSpaces, could you send me your version number?

Thanks,
Slava