On Mon, 2 Jun 2003, Slava Bizyayev wrote:

> I guess, your problem is out of Apache::Dynagzip. Please, try to follow:
>
> 1. Make sure your script is producing correct response under
> Apache::Registry.

Yes it does

> 2. Make sure your script does not have any internal conditional branches on
> whether it runs under Apache::Registry, or under Apache::RegistryFilter ->
> Apache::Dynagzip.

No it doesn't

> 3. Do your transition from Apache::Registry configuration to
> Apache::RegistryFilter -> Apache::Dynagzip configuration by simple
> replacement of the line:
>
> PerlHandler Apache::Registry
>
> with the following two lines:
>
> PerlHandler Apache::RegistryFilter Apache::Dynagzip
> PerlSetVar Filter On

Okay now it works! So problem was in my httpd.conf file.

Now I only have

<Directory /usr/local/systems/work/>

       # AUTH
        AuthType Apache::Authenticate
        AuthName protected
        PerlAccessHandler Apache::OpenAccess
        PerlAuthenHandler Apache::Authenticate->authenticate
        require valid-user

       <Files *.html>
            PerlSendHeader On
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlHandler Apache::Registry
            Options +ExecCGI
       </Files>

        ## DYNA
        <Files *.pl>
             PerlSendHeader On
             SetHandler perl-script
             PerlHandler Apache::RegistryFilter Apache::Dynagzip
             PerlSetVar Filter On
             Options +ExecCGI
            #PerlSetVar LightCompression On

            # Below not needed ??
            #PerlSetVar UseCGIHeadersFromScript Off
            #PerlSendHeader Off
            #PerlSetupEnv On

        </Files>
</Directory>

> You may optionally add light compression finally if you want. You are not
> supposed to change any other settings.

But if I turn on PerlSetVar LightCompression On the problem comes back.
I had tested having this line commented out but it made no difference.

Anyway good that it is working.

Thanks.

Regards
Scott