WC -Sx- Jones wrote:

On Monday, June 2, 2003, at 09:19 PM, Stas Bekman wrote:

http://perl.apache.org/download/index.html

Shouldn't there be a warning about mod_perl2 and CPAN then? CPAN "definitely" wants to download and install mod_perl1 -- even over a valid mod_perl2 installation...

Regarding the following off the "Other Modules" link on the download page:

There are several other Perl modules that you might wish to have installed, to take full advantage of mod_perl functionality. Provided you have Andreas König's CPAN.pm module, simply run:

cpan> install Bundle::Apache

This will fetch and install mod_perl and related packages for you all at once. Otherwise, once you've installed mod_perl see the listing by running

% perldoc Bundle::Apache

I mean I have already built and used mod_perl2 now for a week -- can I cast a vote to have CPAN updated?

CPAN is updated. But it's not indexed. It won't get indexed untill mod_perl 2.0 is released (that's _ is dropped from the distro name) and we aren't ready for this yet.

You can get it from my CPAN dir: http://search.cpan.org/author/STAS/mod_perl-1.99_09/