Trevor Phillips wrote:
My latest
set of changes have resulted in optimisation and given a decent speed increase of up to 25% (depending on the exact usage) for complex pages.

However, when I used the revised modules with the Apache Module, I'm only getting a marginal performance increase!

You're not giving us much to go on here. What kind of changes did you make? Can you verify that you are running the correct versions of the modules under mod_perl? Are you seeing generally about the same performance on both platforms? What does you httpd.conf look like?

By the way, I don't understand your comment about how you developed with FastCGI because it's easy to restart. Is there something about mod_perl that makes it hard to restart for you? I always restart after every code change since it takes me less than a second to do.

- Perrin