Shannon Eric Peevey wrote:
Hi!

In an attempt to simplify the install process for dependencies with my modules, I have been using the ExtUtils::AutoInstall module. (Great module, BTW :) ) But, with the current state of affairs with mod_perl and its availability from CPAN, I wanted to through an information notice to the effect of, "if you are planning to use mod_perl2 and apache2, you will have to answer no here, and manually download it from perl.apache.org..." I contacted Autrijus Tang, the maintainer of ExtUtils::AutoInstall, and asked him if it was possible, (I didn't see it documented), and he answered with this:

   # notify the user about mod_perl 2
   BEGIN { print q{
       If you are planning to use mod_perl2 and Apache2, please, do not
       answer yes when prompted to install mod_perl.  You will need to
       download mod_perl2 manually from
       http://perl.apache.org/download/index.html
   } }

I placed it after the first BEGIN block and voila! I am communicating :)

Are you talking about the dependencies list? by 'the current state of affairs with mod_perl 2.0', you mean that it's not indexed by PAUSE. It's available from CPAN.

Actually, once it gets indexed by CPAN it'll break all the other modules which specify mod_perl (1.0) as a dependency and won't work with 2.0.