Hi there,

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Jez Hancock wrote:

> Does anyone how one could log errorlog entries in a similar manner to
> the script above - ie pipe the errorlog to a script which appends one
> copy of the error entry to a main error logfile and another copy to the
> virtual host's error logfile?

It's possible, but I don't think you really want to do it.  You would
be asking the server to do more than is necessary while handling each
request (you probably already are:).

Would it not be better for example to rotate your logs frequently, and
to process them afterwards, off-line?  You would then have a choice of
doing things with the various log file analysis tools too.  If you are
a little bit creative in what you log, it can be simple to extract the
information you need for each vhost from one file.

Have you considered using something other than flat files for logging?

73,
Ged.