Today I just looked at Apache::Session, and just realised I spent the
last couple weeks coding what it does, more or less. I'm not sure If I
should use what I wrote, or it.

One thing that my code does is check to see if it's cache has been
updated to the db, which I wish I could really have some sort of cache
that's in one place in memory (as opposed to each child process).

I know there's IPC, and also memcached. I've used IPC::Shareable before,
but don't know if that's the route I'd wanna go.

Has anyone implemented a good caching system that sets up a global cache
that you don't have to check constantly because you happen to have been
served out by a child that doesn't have the latest cache from DB? One
single memory object?

I hope what I'm asking makes sense ;)

thanks much...
--