Peter Haworth wrote:
On 22 Jul 2003 08:13:43 +0200, Tom Schindl wrote:

Am Mon, 2003-07-21 um 21.45 schrieb Perrin Harkins:

On Sun, 2003-07-20 at 15:47, Patrick Galbraith wrote:

I know there's IPC, and also memcached. I've used IPC::Shareable
before, but don't know if that's the route I'd wanna go.

It's not. IPC::Shareable is very slow. If you want to share data, use Cache::FileCache, Cache::Mmap, MLDBM::Sync, or IPC::MM.

Sorry to step in here, but could I use any of the caching modules you mentionned in mod_perl2?

Cache::Mmap (which I wrote) isn't threadsafe, but should work OK in a
forking MPM. If anyone wants to contribute code to make it threadsafe
(preferably without impacting single-threaded performance too much), I'll be
very grateful. I'd do it myself, but I've never used threads, so I'm bound
to get it wrong.

I haven't looked at the module's implementation, but if you have a C-level thread-safety issues, you may consider using libapr which provides a thread-safe mmap API.