On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:05:00 +0300, Stas Bekman wrote:
> Peter Haworth wrote:
> > Cache::Mmap (which I wrote) isn't threadsafe, but should work OK in a
> > forking MPM. If anyone wants to contribute code to make it threadsafe
> > (preferably without impacting single-threaded performance too much),
> > I'll be very grateful. I'd do it myself, but I've never used threads, so
> > I'm bound to get it wrong.
>
> I haven't looked at the module's implementation, but if you have a C-level
> thread-safety issues, you may consider using libapr which provides a
> thread-safe mmap API.

No, it's perl-level stuff at the point that matters. Currently, it uses fine
grained file locking to prevent concurrent accesses from other processes,
but as far as I understand it, this won't prevent concurrent accesses from
other threads in the same process.

--
        Peter Haworth   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Do you expect me to implement it?"