Dennis Stout wrote:
Is there a way I could get these variables populated on server start and never
loaded again unless the database was changed?  So in my subroutine for posting
an event that changed it I could call "repopulate_queue_hash" and have it redo
the hash, so changes still happened without a restart, but the hash itself is
just passed from the root apache process to the children?

You can load it into globals at startup and their values will be shared by all children until you write to them. You could also load it separately in each child process in the init hook. However, you'd probably be better off using MLDBM::Sync, so that all changes are shared immediately. It's quite fast, and since it uses a tied interface it would be easy to switch your code to use globals if it turns out not be fast enough.

- Perrin